Mr Green Relaunches Garbo Online Casino in Sweden [...]
Basic Tips for Playing Online Blackjack
- March 9, 2017 By Riley Wilson -
Next to poker, Blackjack is probably the most popular card game in any casino. This is partly due to the simple rules that make the play dynamic and fast-paced, while on the other hand blackjack allows the players to employ strategies and attempt to beat the house, or in this case the dealer. When it comes to playing blackjack in an online casino, you will be playing against the computer, unless it is a Live Dealer Blackjack. With Live Dealer Blackjack, you are included into live land-based game via streaming channels and this means that you will see live dealers at the table and communicate with them. Whichever variant you choose, make sure that you know the rules of the game.
The basic rules are pretty simple, which is why many players decide to sit at the blackjack table, without much thinking. There can be up to 7 players at the table, all of which are competing against the dealer. The aim is to get a sum of 21 points from two dealt cards, before the dealer does, or get a number of points closer to 21 than the dealer.
The dealer uses one or more decks of 52 cards and he/she initially deals two cards. Not all cards count the same, so cards from 2 to 10 are counted normally, while King, Queen and Jack count as 10 points. Ace is counted 1 or 11, depending on the combination of cards. For example, if it comes after two 10-point cards, it will be counted as 1.
To start the game each player has to place a bet, that is, a chip into the dedicated space and wait for the hand of two cards to be dealt. When you get your hand you can decide to “hit” meaning to draw another one or “stand” meaning not draw any more cards. The dealer is the last one who gets the cards, which gives the house the edge over the players. If a player gets a blackjack the house pays 3 to 2.
When playing at a land-based casino you will tap the table or scrape the cards for “hit” but at an online casino it is all much easier. Just click “hit” or “stand” buttons which will be clearly set in front of you. Other than that, there are several other options that can be used during the play in order to make the most of your dealt hand.
- Insurance -it is the option to insure your bet, in which case the insurance will pay 2-1. Practically, you will lose your initial bet but get the amount that you paid for insurance. You will use insurance when you suspect that the dealer will most likely get a blackjack.
- Double Down – this is the option to double your bet after two cards have been dealt. Clicking this button you double the bet and draw one card which will automatically finish the dealing.
- Split – this option can be used when you get two same cards dealt. It is allowed to split them and treat them as two separate hands. Additional cards are dealt to each of the split cards. The number of additional cards varies depending on the casino, but if you split aces only one card can be dealt to each of them.
- Surrender – this option gives you the opportunity to get out of a really bad hand by surrendering and you get half of your bet back. Surrender option is available after first two cards have been dealt and prior to selecting any of the above mentioned options.
Think carefully before using any of the above mentioned options. For example, you should not use Split with pairs of low value cards, or double down when you do not have favourable cards. Blackjack is a favourite game for many players, precisely because it is possible to use strategies when playing and earning more money. Those who like to compete with the system, usually memorize the cards and work out mathematical calculations about the card combinations. However, if you are beginner the calculations will probably only confuse you. It is always wise to test the game and your skills in free-play mode first as most of the online casinos offer this option.
YOU MIGHT BE ALSO BE INTERESTED IN THESE:
EU Court of Justice Considers Gibraltar Part of UK [...]
Skill-Based Gambling Coming to Hard Rock Atlantic City Casino [...]