Gambling News

NetEnt Launches Its First Land-Based Casino Game

- June 17, 2015 By Oliver Young -

NetEnt awaiting a New Jersey gaming license

Starburst is the first land-based casino game by NetEnt.

The Swedish casino software provider Net Entertainment, commonly known as NetEnt, has launched its first land-based casino game that can be found at retail shops of William Hill. This move comes as no surprise since last year the two reputable companies has signed an agreement for NetEnt to supply casino games to William Hill’s retail network. Turns out that the project has been successful and the overall results are yet to be seen.

The news is huge since NetEnt has never before offered its products live in retail shops in the United Kingdom. The provider highlighted the fact that the games have been redesigned in order to meet the requirements of Will Hill’s customers.

The release of the first NetEnt casino game in the UK is part of the company’s multichannel strategy which plans to provide gaming operators the chance to offer their casino content for various channels. The final result of this strategy is to have happy customers who will be able to play their favourite games both online and offline.

Starburst is the First NetEnt Land-Based Casino Game

Since Starburst is one of NetEnt’s most popular games and it has thousands of fans worldwide, it was probably expected that this slot is the first land-based casino game launched by the company. The slot machine is currently available in several properties owned by William Hill and it is expected to be gradually installed in other retail stores across the United Kingdom.

NetEnt’s CEO Per Eriksson said that the company was delighted with the opportunity to supply its high quality products to William Hill’s land-based casinos. Eriksson didn’t missed the chance to point out that its product distribution will be maximised in various channels such as mobile, desktop and retail thanks to William Hill being one of the UK’s largest gaming operators.

The CEO reminded that the online casino industry has been constantly growing over the years and that the trend is expected to continue. According to the information provided by Mr. Eriksson, online gambling holds 5% of the overall global casino market. The rest 95% belong to offline gambling.

Therefore, he revealed NetEnt’s plans for a future growth in the retail segment via their multichannel strategy.

NetEnt Also Entered the US Gambling Market with Borgata and

That NetEnt has serious plans for the future has shown another move by the company. Last week the provider announced that it will team up with Borgata and in New Jersey i.e. it will provide its casino games to these two popular brands.

Previously, the company had applied for a US gaming licence that would allow the provider to offer its services on New Jersey territory. The application is still being reviewed by the NJ Division of Gaming Enforcement and it is soon expected to be approved or denied.

In the meantime, NetEnt continues to conquer the European gambling market with its excellent casino platform and fan favourite games.




Colombia’s EGaming Act Legalises All Forms of Online Gambling [...]

NJ Congressman Pallone determined to change the legislation that prevents sports betting legalisation.

The US Congress Might Reconsider the Ban on Sports Betting [...]


Playtech and Warner Bros Release Two Batman Slots [...]


Immortal Romance Slot

Valentine’s Day: Best Romantic Slots Right Now [...]

The cover Richard Marcus' book American Roulette

Former Pro Casino Cheater Talks About Scamming Casinos [...]

Hit Freqency & RTP

Understanding Return to Player (RTP) and Hit Frequency [...]


Receive Exclusive Bonuses, Promotions & News

Never miss a good casino promotion again! Add your email to our mailing list and receive some exclusive casino bonuses, promotions & updates straight to your inbox.