32Red Casino Will Now Host Pragmatic Play Live Casino Games [...]
The Advantages of Playing Casino Poker
- June 24, 2021 By Riley Wilson -
There’s no doubt that poker is one of the most popular betting card games in the world. However, it’s also not necessarily a casino game. At heart, it’s a game that the players are supposed to play against each other, not against a house dealer. Still, it’s also a game with dozens of variations and rulesets. Some allow players to play poker at casinos, both online and land-based.
To be clear, we’re not talking about poker tournaments. Our focus here is the pros and cons of Casino Hold ‘em, Three-Card Poker, and similar variants of the famous game.
How Poker Works in Casinos
First of all, we’ll need to make sure what we mean by ‘casino poker.’ The regular kind of poker which pits players against each other can also be found at a lot of casinos, especially in places like Vegas. These usually come in the form of poker tournaments or cash games. This is the poker that most people think of when they hear the name. Players are pitted against each other, while the house collects a fee no matter who wins.
Today, however, we’ll be talking about Casino Hold’em and so-called Video Poker variants. These usually compare the player’s hand against the dealer’s. Much like in any other poker game online, hands are ranked based on a typical poker ruleset. That part of the game is essentially the same.
However, since there are no other players, you’re not bluffing, raising, or dealing with the psychological side of poker. Instead, casino poker games are all about the cards. It’s a lot like blackjack in that regard – the point is to keep track of probabilities and try to leverage them against the house.
Online, you can find this type of poker in both live dealer poker variants and RNG-based online games. However, you also need to be aware that, like any other game on a casino floor, casino poker has a house edge. Depending on the exact title you’re playing, this house edge can be anywhere between 2 and 4%.
To be fair, this also applies to tournaments and poker cash games. The house collects a fee, so the players are collectively at a loss. Of course, this doesn’t mean you can’t turn a profit. In fact, there’s a distinct set of advantages if you decide to play poker at an online casino.
Advantages of and Casino Hold’em and Casino Poker
Without further ado, let’s consider why you should try Casino Hold’em and similar games.
- Play any time, anywhere. Organized poker games only take place at certain times and places. There are online options, sure, but you’re still bound to a certain schedule. You can play video poker online or at land-based casinos whenever you want, essentially. Moreover, you can just launch the game and play without having to worry about organization or preparation.
- Smaller bankroll requirements. Depending on where you live, registering for a poker tournament can take hundreds of dollars. Even so-called cash games require a buy-in of more than $50, usually. Again, online options are often cheaper, but nowhere near the $1 minimum bet of casino hold ’em games. This brings several other benefits to light as well. For instance, if you’re a beginner, you’re putting a lot less on the line. You’ll have ample time to learn how to play poker without worrying about losing too much money.
- Beginner-friendly. The low betting limit ties into this advantage as well. Essentially, poker cash game tables are often filled with veteran, pro, and semi-pro poker players. If you’re a beginner, playing against them is bound to end poorly for you. At least until you get some practice and experience under your belt. Reaching the level of pros will take considerable time and effort though, which can ravage your bank account.
- More room to analyze the cards. Multi-tasking is an important skill in poker. In the classic game, you not only have to consider your cards and the probability of getting certain hands. There are also more players, more hands to consider. You need to bluff, read others, maintain your own poker face, and so on. The best casino poker games allow you to focus squarely on the cards.
Essentially, there are two types of players we recommend online casino poker to. Beginners should definitely consider getting some practice against the dealer before sitting down to play poker in tournaments. It will be good for your finances if nothing else. You may also just be a casual player with no interest in turning poker into a career. Still, winning at least occasionally feels nice, so going up against dedicated players may not be a good idea.
Both live dealer casino poker and RNG-based variants are available 24/7 in the world’s best online casinos.
YOU MIGHT BE ALSO BE INTERESTED IN THESE:
Microgaming’s Packed Release Schedule – July 2021 [...]
Playtech Releases The Money Drop Live Dealer Game Based on UK Game Show [...]