Reimagining Classics: NetEnt’s New Divine Fortune Megaways [...]
Online Casino FAQ
The aim of this extensive list of frequently asked questions is to give players an idea of online casinos. Guidance is essential, even if you think of yourself as experienced. The answers to the questions below are useful source for anyone, especially for beginners. We’d strongly suggested that you take your time reading them.
Quick Access Index
Online Casinos – Before Playing
1. I’m from the U.S., can I play at online casinos?
Despite the UIGEA (Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act), millions of US players still gamble at particular online casinos brave enough to accept them and provide them with safe payment methods, because this act tends to render gambling transactions as illegal.
2. Are there any special hardware and software requirements needed for playing online?
The software used for the online casino platform is designed to provide optimized play on even older computers. Even Windows XP will do. Mac users can gamble only in instant-play mode, because the software is not supported by their operating system.
3. What is the minimum age requirement to play an online casino game?
Different countries have different age restrictions. In USA, for example, minors are those younger than 21, but in general, 18 is the minimum age requirement across the majority of countries.
4. How do I get started when I join a casino site?
After you’ve registered, the first thing to do is to make a deposit or practice the games in free play mode. We’d suggest a practice session first, and when you feel ready you can make a deposit in order to start playing for real money. Remember to read the casino terms & conditions.
Collecting Bonuses and Promotions
5. How do I redeem my casino bonus?
If there is a relevant code for that bonus, you can use the code by entering it in the cashier section. You may be required to claim it manually, or via customer support. Sometimes it’s applied automatically.
6. Why do some casinos offer generous “welcome bonuses” and “free money / spins”?
These are the most effective methods of attracting players. You get free cash (to which there are terms & conditions attached) and in return the casino gets a new customer.
7. What is meant by “wagering requirement”? Does it mean I have to deposit that amount to win that amount?
The wagering requirement implies that you are required to wager the bonus a certain amount of times in order to reach a particular total wagering amount. When you’ve done that you will be able to withdraw your winnings made with the bonus. For example, a bonus of $100 has a 20x wagering requirement: 100 x 20 = $2000. This amount will be your wagering requirement.
8. Where can I found more information about a casino’s bonus offer and promotion?
Every bonus offer or promotion has its own particular terms and conditions, so the best source for some relevant info would be to read them through from top to bottom. If you need further clarification, just contact the customer support.
Deposits, Withdrawals and Winnings
9. Do I need to pay taxes on my online gambling winnings for every casino at play at regardless of their jurisdiction?
This issue doesn’t depend on the licensing jurisdiction, but on the laws in your country of residence. Check any relevant taxation laws about online gambling before signing up at an online casino.
10. Is my personal information and billing information safe?
11. How do I make a deposit to my casino account?
Credit cards, e-wallets, prepaid cards, bank transfers, and wire transfers are just some of the standard methods of depositing. It’s enough to own a Visa card and you are all set. Other popular services are PayPal, Skrill, Neteller, Ukash, Paysafecard etc. In general you need to access your casino account, find the ‘deposit’ or ‘cashier’ section, choose your desired method and just proceed with the instructions. Some online casinos place a ‘Deposit’ button on their home page as a shortcut.
12. How long does it take to process my deposit?
In general, deposits are processed instantly. This means that your money will appear in your account immediately no matter what method you’ve used.
13. How do I cash out my casino winnings?
Cashing out is performed using the same method as for depositing by default, provided that the method supports cashing out too.
14. How long does it take to receive my winnings?
This depends on the method. E-wallet cash outs take up to few hours and are usually received the same day, while credit card cash outs or bank transfers might take up to 5 days.
15. Will the casinos charge processing fees when I make withdrawals?
That depends on the casino. Some online casinos impose fees even for deposits, while some decide to cover the expenses for their players. However, your bank might have fees.
16. Are there any limits to how much I can withdraw, even if I win a big jackpot?
Every online casino has its own withdrawal policy with which progressive jackpots are covered. Usually there is a maximum weekly withdrawal limit, while some casinos employ a policy with which your withdrawal limit might be tied to your total deposits amount, which means the withdrawal limit will depend on how much you have deposited.
Casino Games, Jackpots & Player Programs
17. How can I be sure that all games are fair and audited?
Serious online casinos subject their games and software to third party audits for which the casino is given certification. The reports or the certifications are usually displayed by the casino for your viewing.
18. What is the difference between the “Flash Version” and the “Downloaded Version”? Which one is better?
In general, both are good. It all depends on your preference. If you want to use the casino separately from your browser, then you can download the software with the games. If not, you can always play the games directly into your browser in Flash.
19. Which casino games have the lowest house edge?
It’s generally believed that blackjack has the lowest house edge because of the fact that it’s a skill game, where you can easily eliminate the house edge if you use a good strategy.
20. I’d like to play for fun money instead of real money, how do I do that?
When you go to the games section of the casino and you hover your mouse pointer over the games you’ll see that there are two modes: fun mode or real-money mode. Press on the fun mode and you’ll be given virtual fun money to play.
21. How do I determine if a casino game has a progressive jackpot?
If a casino game has a progressive jackpot, the jackpot will be visible in the very game. Also, progressive jackpot games have an additional bet with which you can play for the jackpot.
22. Can I play casino games on my mobile phone or tablet?
Yes. Online casinos tend to offer their games for mobile play via mobile apps or mobile sites.
23. Is it possible to count cards in online blackjack?
This is really difficult since online blackjack games are played with six decks, so we wouldn’t recommend that.
24. What is a “Loyalty Program” or “Loyalty Club”?
Loyalty programs or clubs (alternatively called VIP clubs) are programs set up to reward loyal players for their continuous use of the casino. The more you play the more you advance through the program.
25. How do I collect more “Loyalty Points” ?
Loyalty points are given to each wager you make in a casino game. Most commonly one point is given for every $10 wagered.
26. Are “Comp Points” the same as “Loyalty Points”?
Yes. It’s a terminology used for the same concept: the more you play the more comp points you get for your loyalty.
27. I’m new to online gambling, and have noticed that some of my favorite landbased slot machines can’t be found online. How come?
Land-based casinos have games by different software providers than those online, although online software providers of casino games are beginning to enter the land-based casino market too.
28. Can you explain what is meant by a promotion with “30x wagering requirement”?
This means that the bonus you’ve received with the promotion needs to be wagered 30 times. For example, if your bonus is $50, your total amount wagered at the casino needs to be $1,500 (50 x 30 = 1,500).
» Read on for our Casino Glossary.