Chilean Casinos Record a Slight Drop in February Results

- April 11, 2018 By Riley Wilson -

Chilean land-based casinos record a minor drop in revenue in February 2018.

The Chilean gaming control board Superintendencia de Casinos de Juego (SJC) has published a report revealing February results.

According to available information, 18 casinos operating in the country and 7 municipal casinos generated $66.8 million in gross gaming revenue during February.

The Numbers Could Have Been Better

This result represents a drop of 0.9% when compared to the same month of last year, with the accumulated real growth of minus 1.1 over the period of 12 months.

Casino Viña took home a little over $10 million, 14.9% more when compared to February 2017, closely followed by Sun Monticello with $9.96 million. 

Coquimbo grossed $6.02 million, which represents a year-on-year increase of 8.9%, while Casino Rinconada and Marina del Sol Talcahuano recorded a rise of 7.4% ($4.9 million) and 7.2% ($4.85 million) respectively.

Casino de Pucon earned $4.5 million, 6.7% more than in February last year, while all other venues recorded a year-on-year increase under 5%, but it should be noted that all of them managed to improve their last year’s results.

Visits and Spending

The SJC has also revealed how much money the visitors spent during February. The average amount spent was $90 per visit, which is a slight decline of 0.1% when compared to the corresponding period of 2017. Still, it is a real cumulative growth of 1.1% over the last year.

There were 452,731 registered visits during February – 0.4% more than in the same month of 2017, but 1.4% less over the last twelve months. When it comes to the municipal casinos, the number of visits reached 360,311, while these numbers do not include the casino in Puerto Varas, which doesn’t record this information. At this time, there is no information on the average spending per visit for the country’s municipal casinos.

More than $546 million was played in the 11,183 operational gaming machines in the 18 non-municipal casinos in Chile, while the prizes paid out to lucky players accounted for 93.8% of the total bet. 

Non-municipal casinos accounted for 60.5% of the total gross gaming revenue in February, while the municipal casinos were responsible for the remaining 39.5%.



Microgaming and Just For The Win launch the new Ruby Casino Queen slot

Ruby Casino Queen Arrives at Microgaming Casinos [...]

NetEnt’s Spinsane, a highly volatile slot with a staggering win potential, is now available in all NetEnt-powered casinos.

NetEnt Releases Spinsane, a Wolf-Themed Slot with Unique, Suspense-Filled Gameplay [...]

Playtech's Bowling Frenzy slot hits the market

Playtech is Taking Players to 1950s in Latest Bowling Frenzy Slot [...]


Sic Bo Bets You Should Avoid [...]

Free Play Casino Bonus Explained

Free Play Casino Bonus: How to Make the Most of It? [...]

Best Sic Bo Bets You Should Go For [...]


Receive Exclusive Bonuses, Promotions & News

Never miss a good casino promotion again! Add your email to our mailing list and receive some exclusive casino bonuses, promotions & updates straight to your inbox.