Playtech is Bringing Age of the Gods to their Spin A Win Game [...]
When an online casino is focused on maintaining a good player base and wants to attract more customers, it often tries to tailor lucrative, but at the same time generous bonus program. Online casino bonuses are offered to both new and regular players; they are the first thing you see when you visit an online casino. The new player bonuses are especially designed to catch the eyes of new customers and they range from no deposit to first deposit bonuses as well as welcome bonuses and free spins.
On the other hand, to keep existing players busy playing, online casinos offer loyalty bonuses, match bonuses, deposit bonuses, cash back and so on. The match bonus is the most common type of bonus available at almost all online casinos. As the name implies, the casino matches the deposit amount of players up to a certain amount or percentage. Read on to find out more.
How Match Bonuses for Online Casinos Work
Besides attracting players, this type of bonus is commonly offered by Internet casinos mainly because it is less susceptible to bonus abuse by customers compared to no deposit bonuses that are frequently abused. They might be less popular, but they can greatly boost your bankroll. As already mentioned, match bonuses work by matching your deposit amount up to a particular amount or specific percentage and it is offered to both new and regular players.
The match amount can be between $50 and $1,000, while the frequently offered percentage is 50%, 100% or 500%. In some cases, it can go up to 1,000%. The most common example is the 100% match bonus up to $100. In this case, if you deposit $50, the casino will match this amount with additional $50 and you will start playing with a boosted bankroll of $100. However, just like all online casino bonuses, the match bonus also comes with its own terms and conditions that have to be met in order to claim the bonus and later on, cash it out.
Examples of Casino Match Bonuses
– 50% match deposit bonus up to $150
To claim this bonus, you can deposit $100 and the casino will give you additional $50. In other words, you will start with $150 bankroll.
– 400% match deposit bonus up to $4,000
This means that if you deposit $1,000, the casino will give you extra $3,000 and you will start playing with $4,000. This match bonus is more suitable for high rollers.
Other Important Things to Know About Match Deposit Bonuses
Match deposit bonuses come with terms and conditions that include wagering requirements, minimum deposit amount as well as a list of games eligible for the bonus.
– Match bonuses cannot be cashed out immediately after they are claimed. You have to meet the wagering or playthrough requirements first. For example, a 100% match bonus up to $100 has 20x wagering requirement. Let’s say you deposited $50 and got extra $50, so you start with $100 bankroll. To meet the playthrough requirement you have to wager the deposit and the bonus amount 20 times before you request a withdrawal. In other words, you have to make $2,000 worth of bets to be eligible for cash out.
– Most match bonuses also require minimum deposit amount to be able to claim the bonus which is usually low and ranges between $20 and $50.
– Not all games count toward meeting the wagering requirement. In most cases, games like slots (without progressives), keno and scratch cards count 100% toward the requirement, while games like blackjack count only 10% or don’t contribute at all.