NetEnt and Red Tiger Casino Games Now Available in Pennsylvania [...]
Roulette Rules – Learn How to Play Roulette
Roulette is one of the oldest games that you can find at many casinos. At the same time Roulette is the most iconic casino game with which players and common people identify gambling. The roots of this game can be traced back several centuries by first appearing in Europe. The first true roulette game appeared in 18th century in France and was based on a more primitive version from a century before that. It was combination of several different wheel and board games that existed then. The name translated to English means “little wheel” referring to the size of the roulette wheel used at that time.
It is impossible to find an online casino or any casino for that matter that doesn’t have a roulette game. This game has been a favorite of many high rollers throughout its existence because it can provide really high payouts and bets.
Compared to roulette in land-based casino, online roulette has many more advantages. All playing is done from your own home, you can play faster, and you don’t have expenses from taking a trip to the casino. You don’t have to wait for other players placing bets or receiving their payouts, and you can use a roulette strategy more effectively and in the silence of your own privacy. You can play whenever you like, just log into the online casino and turn on your favorite roulette game. Online roulette has many off springs in the form of different variations, much more than at land-based casinos, where you can get one or maximum two different roulette games. The betting limits are higher, the minimums are lower, and the games are unique.
Every casino game is played by following certain rules, and in order to use all advantages that the game gives, you have to learn the basic rules at least. The rules are easy to understand and mainly very simple, so you shouldn’t be afraid to try this game and master it by practicing.
- In roulette players play against the house. The roulette table is run by a croupier whose job is to spin the roulette wheel, make payouts and take bets. He represents the house. In online roulette you play against the computer, except in live dealer roulette games.
- Roulette is played by placing your bet on a certain number on the table. You can also make a bet on a group of numbers, on a sequence of numbers, if the number will be odd or even etc.
- Bets cannot be placed after the ball has been launched.
- Each bet option has a different payout. The biggest payout is given for a bet placed on an individual number which pays 35:1.
- You can place bets on 37 or 38 numbers, depending on the variation. In mini roulette, the number of slots is way lower.
- Some casinos will give you the option to take half with you of a losing bet and leave the other half for another spin. It is called the ‘en prison’ rule.
- All bets are divided into two groups, inside bets and outside bets. The former are placed on single numbers or groups containing no more than six numbers while the latter are outside bets.
- Each roulette game has its own maximum and minimum bet allowed.
The Basics of Roulette
Objective of the Game
When you gaze upon the roulette table you will see all kinds of opportunities for betting, and the primary and only objective is to guess in which slot the ball will fall, and with such accuracy that you even need to guess the color. Once the roulette wheel slows down the ball loses its momentum and falls into one of the slots. If you have accurately predicted you will be paid out in accordance with the paytable.
There are eleven bets that you can make in roulette: five bet, dozen bet, even/odd bet, color bet, street bet, high low bet, corner bet, line bet, column bet, split bet and straight bet. Five bet is possible only in American roulette. Dozen bets pay 2 to 1 and include betting on three different groups of 12 numbers, thus Dozen. Street bet is placed on the edge of any row of numbers, while split bet is placed between two numbers. A straight bet is a bet placed on an individual number. Corner bet includes four different numbers.
The following are the payouts for different bets in ascending order according to their value:
– Straight bet pays 35 to 1.
– Split bet pays 17 to 1.
– Street bet pays 11 to 1.
– Corner bet pays 8 to 1.
– Line bet pays 5 to 1.
– Dozen or Column bets pay 2 to 1.
– Black/Red, Even/Odds, or High/Low bets pay 1 to 1.
The most common roulette games are European and American roulette. The European roulette has 37 numbers with slots from 1 to 36 plus the zero slot. In American there are 38 with both single and double zero slots. European roulette is more popular because it has more favorable house edge then American. Another common variation is French roulette. There are also some crazy innovative roulette variations such as mini roulette, double ball roulette, three wheel roulette etc.
Land-Based vs. Online Roulette
The most obvious advantage of online roulette over land-based roulette is the convenience of gambling from the comfort of your own home. You are away from the crowds and hustles, and you can enjoy in your desired atmosphere. Another advantage is that online casinos offer roulette games with higher table limits and better payouts. In online roulette you can even see the history of your bets.
A Simple Strategy to Use
Some people think that they have to buy a system from someone in order to begin winning at roulette. However, would advise you not to give money for such systems, because ultimately they don’t work as they are advertised of making you rich. Mathematically, they are always incorrect.
You can beat roulette without buying systems by following simple logical strategy. The best thing you can do is the following. First, find a casino that has roulette games with the lowest possible house edge. This is very important because you will have more chances to beat that house edge by even bigger difference in amounts and cash out more on your luck.
Next, you will have to follow these simple steps if you want to maximize the odds in your favor. Always go for European Roulette. Unlike the American, it has one number less standing at 37 slots and only a single zero slot. Also, European Roulette always has a lower house edge compared to American Roulette standing below 3%, while American has over 5%.
You will also need to avoid certain bets if you want to have a more profitable gambling session. It is true that single number bets are the highest paying bets possible at the roulette table, but it would be best if you would just avoid them, because they are also the most unlikely bets that you can win. Also, if you want to avoid the worst odds in roulette, avoid the five number bet.
Instead, place some bets that have more likely odds with decent payouts, such as the even money bets, like guessing if the number will be odd or even, low or high number, or if it is going to be black or red. They give you very low risk and a 45 percent chance to win and they pay 1 to 1, which means if you wager $1 you will get a $1. Also, when you choose to play European Roulette, see if it has the en prison rule, because you will be able to take back your bet if the ball lands on zero.
These are just simple guidelines that you can follow to maximize your return, but ultimately you are always left at the mercy of your luck. Whatever happens, make sure not to breach your bankroll and don’t try to make up for losses. The point is to have fun and not develop potential gambling issues.
We can summarize this introduction to roulette with the conclusion that it is an extremely popular casino game. It has always been and always will be. Roulette offers that classy image of style and exclusiveness, although from your home, but nevertheless, online roulette was built on that spirit and is designed to transfer it to the fullest into your own home.
Useful Roulette Glossary
– Against the Bank: when betting against the colors and the numbers that have come up in earlier rounds. If you bet on red after the ball has continuously fallen into black slots, is called “against the bank.”
– Combination Bet: when you place one or more chips on a single number within the brackets of the square in which the number is displayed at the roulette table, that is called a straight bet. But, if you place your chips on the line that divides two numbers or on the point between four different numbers, you have yourself a combination bet.
– Progression: with this technique you gradually increase your bet amounts by several times.
– Sprinkler: this expression is used for a person that puts random wagers and does that a lot. This kind of players truly believes in his luck and bets without previous thinking, and instead goes with what his guts tell him.
For more Roulette terms and phrases, visit our Roulette Glossary page here.
YOU MIGHT BE ALSO BE INTERESTED IN THESE:
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN THESE POPULAR PAGES
ONLINE CASINO ROULETTE RESOURCES
Find a good basic Roulette strategy to use here.
Knowing your Roulette glossary well is a plus.
Can't play without understanding the rules first.
This game is full of rich history. Read more.
Common FAQ's for online casino players.
Fully rated and reviewed casino games. Must see!